BlackBerry mobile phone software for engineers

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bill saying something like:

What a load of scare-mongering bollocks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

He was lucky.

There is footage of a static discharge causing a fire whilst someone was filling up. It's been on telly enough times.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I beg to differ - he was jolly UNlucky. :-)

But going back slightly - did police cars with older, heavy duty radios ever turn them off in proximity to petrol stations or other explosive risks?

Do they turn all transmitters in the area off when fuelling planes at Heathrow?

Reply to
Rod

Did they comply with the regulations?

Do they comply with the safety regulations so they are permitted devices? Does anyone make a mobile that complies with the regulations so you can use it at a fuel station?

Reply to
dennis

That's nothing to do with a mobile phone.

A few years back, long after those messages had appeared at filling stations, there had not been not a single case of a mobile igniting fuel at a filling station. I've not heard of one since then either.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel