Black silicone

For a black granite kitchen worktop, where can I find black silicon

sealant?

I have only found white or brown.

Thanks,

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

Black, brown, white and clear are all standard colours. You can't be looking very hard. Google only took 2 seconds to find numerous sellers with this being one of them.

Dave Baker

Places like Halfords will probably have it. Also you could try uPVC suppliers that do guttering etc, they also normally have it.

Reply to
John Rumm

Try other sheds and BMs. Got some from Wicks recently. Halfords and car accessory shops will have it in small tubes for windscreen sealing etc at a much higher price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If it's black, for car windows and it's expensive, then it's probaby not silicone but rather polyurethane. Short shelf life, not removable, but stronger in service.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I think I have seen it here ..

Stuart

I made some, using clear silicone, and graphite powder. Worked quite well.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

The stuff I saw was clearly marked silicone but cost about the same for a small tube as the sheds charge for a standard one for a sealant gun.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Both my local B&Q and Homebase have it - made by Unibond ('Super All Purpose Silicone Sealant'. Take the barcode 5010383080624 to a checkout operator and they'll be able to tap it in and confirm whether or not they stock it. You'll have to trust me that's not the code for something embarassing... ;-)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton