Black sanitary silicone sealant?

Does anyone know where I can pick up a tube of sanitary silicone sealant in black? I'm based in Bristol and have seen an abundance of white, clear and 'brown' but not black...
It's for a granite-grey kitchen worktop and so a dark grey would suffice but something tells me I'll be luckier getting black, if any.
Mathew
Mathew J. Newton wrote:

Black non-sanitary silicone is readily available from motor factors. This should be fine in a kitchen. Alternatively, rswww.com, 341-0955.
--
Grunff

in
and
<snip>
Thanks for the swift response Grunff.
I was going to raise the question of whether or not 'normal' silicone sealant would suffice but didn't want to set the topic off on a tangent from the off. I may indeed try the normal stuff if noone steps forward with a source of the sanitary variety.
Cheers,
Mat
Mathew J. Newton wrote:

I'd say it will be fine because: [a] The anti fungal properties of sanitary silicone (the only thing that distinguishes it from normal silicone) don't last very long anyway. [b] This is a kitchen application, which is generally less demanding than a bathroom application.
--
Grunff

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:22:44 GMT, "Mathew J. Newton"

Are you talking about a worktop to worktop seam, or something for the back?
If it's a seam then the professionals use some special type of epoxy and it is available in colours or can be coloured. I don't have a product name unfortunately.
For a seal at the back, a transparent silicone is efffective and "disappears" unless you plaster it on.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

in
and
but
It's for where the worktop meets the back wall. I don't think translucent would suffice in my case as the join is far from perfect (wonky wall) and so I was intending to use an opaque sealant to mask the unevenness.
Mathew
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:49:16 GMT, "Mathew J. Newton"

OK.
I would talk to your granite supplier.
I have some almost black granite worktops and in certain places granite upstands. In other areas the walls are tiled with tumbled marble tiles.
Where the upstands meet the worktops, coloured epoxy resin was used - it is virtually invisible.
The worktop extends under the tiles. The join was first grouted conventionally and then a colourless silicone sealer applied very sparingly. This is invisible unless you look very closely.
Do you already have the worktops? I am wondering whether you could cut them into the wall. That would probably give a better finich and appearance.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
<snip>

Whilst my worktops are 'granite-grey' they are unfortunately just your standard laminated affairs. :-)

The worktops are indeed in place, and sealed by the previous owner in white-verging-on-dirty-black silicone. Given the 'standard' materials/decor/finish I'm just requiring a neat siliconed edge, and thought black may well fit the bill a tad better.
Thanks for the inputs thus far - a few searches on the web revealed some black sanitary sealants but invariably trade-supply only and thus whilst this proves it exists I might just take up Grunff's suggestion of using standard non-fungicidal sealant and see how it goes.
Cheers,
Mathew
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:32:50 GMT, "Mathew J. Newton"

OK, different story then. :-)

I think that makes good sense for what you need.
However, don't let "trade only" stop you from getting what you want. There's always a way, even if it is only to ask the supplier who they sell to where you are. Cash is a good business lubricant as well. Of course if it means that you have to buy a box of a dozen cartridges, then your interest may wane :-)

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

If it is that hard to get, buy a box of 10, and sell the spare 9 on eBay!
(With a small mark-up to result in the 10th one being free!)
Sparks....

If it is that hard to get, buy a box of 10, and sell the spare 9 on eBay!
(With a small mark-up to result in the 10th one being free!)
Sparks....

in
but
I've seen the "smaller size" tubes in Focus bathroom section some time ago when they were doing every colour under the sun inc. metalics!

in
but
If you go into any pet/aquatics outlet they will have tubes of black silicone. Obviously suitable for continuous immersion as its used to attach and join tank backdrops inside the tank. Jewel do a version. Look around the tank accessories/backdrops area to find it. It's quite expensive, around 4 for about 150ml tube but should be more than adequate for your application.
HTH
Dave

in
I never thought I'd hear myself it but Homebase had exactly what I was after! It was made by Unibond and had the fungicide in too (for what that's worth).
Thanks all for the input/suggestions - appreciated as always.
Cheers,
Mathew