Black overflow pipe?

Hello,

I'm after black overflow pipe - or similar, but it must be black or brown, NOT white!

This is for the condensation drain from an AC system, going on an external wall. White will stand out far too much, however local sheds and screwfix only stock white. The nearest I can find to what I want is 20mm black electrical conduit, (overflow is 21.5mm) however elbows for this are usually inspection type and not designed to be sealed for water. Also, would this stand up to UV if used outside?

Can anyone suggest a supplier or an alternative? I'd rather not use rainwater downpipe as it's far too big for the application.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

If you don't want too tight a bending radius, plastic conduit can be bent with a bending spring and boiling water. You might also be able to solvent weld the inspection covers on.

It's cheap enough to buy a length and some bits and play with it.

Should do, that's one of the reasons for using conduit outside, to protect the cable.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Do as the stones do, Paint it Black. Thats what i do. You will get the paint from B & Q

Reply to
end user

Black paint.

Reply to
BigWallop

Yes it is UV stabilized, and should be fine outdoors. You can bend it with a bending spring, I don't know if that helps you.

Reply to
Chipmunk

Marley do the lengths in chesnut brown, however not the bends (only inwhite) - alternatively why dont you use copper pipe - after a few months it will go dark brown?

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

...... or BES do the whole system in grey???

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

Not suitable for the acidic condensate from a condensing boiler.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Well as they say you learn something every day!! Cheers Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

Where does the condensing boiler come into it? He said air con system.

Andrew

Reply to
google

Correct - it's suprising just how much water it condeses out of the air!

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

They're gasket sealed and are OK for an overflow.

Or you could solvent weld them.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Also,

Yes, thats why you use black conduit outside !

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The carbon dioxide in the air will dissolve in cool condensate and "slowly" corrode the metal pipe. Even the\ dissolved amount in hot condensate causes problems in steam (process) plant

Reply to
John