black mould washing machine door seal

What an ignoramus.

Reply to
trader4

And there are shitloads of those, right?

Reply to
Huge

Indeed you are. But did you have anything constructive to say?

Reply to
Huge

Actually, this thread prompted me to have a quick look at the Maytag site. (Couldn't think of another make.) Quite a few front loaders. 6 out of 15.

Reply to
Rod

Reply to
lisajoe

Well, actually yes, there are lots of front loaders being sold. If you got away from watching cartoons and went to any appliance store you would see that the stores are full of them.

Reply to
trader4

Be fair, though - it's only fairly recently that front-loaders have been available in any great numbers in the US.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Living in NJ USA, (and I've previously criticized in another thread, the wonderfully expensive Maytag Neptune for stinking mold if you don't leave the door open) but you Brits/Europeons (Ha!) forget that 80-90F heat comes with 90-100% humidity, so, hang your clothes out for a few days, they won't dry, something will eat them, or make a home in them and they will smell. I first learned this lesson in Singapore, 99% humidity does NOT dry clothes, so, you have to use a dryer. The answer to smelly washers is to run them on 240V and put a freakin heater in them, jeez theres a heater in the dishwasher, (Which fills from hot, unlike the UK) can't the Yanks figure out putting a heater in a washing machine without the Bosch showing them how to do it? Of course a US washing machine will happily accept a V8 engine through the door which is nice, but means there is a lot more water in there.

Reply to
Archon

One of the less attractive traits of Merkins is the utter inability to admit they're wrong.

Reply to
Huge

Not universally true. I have seen Maytag dishwashers with heaters.

Reply to
Huge

you don't need he detergent in a front loader! it is a rip off, just use less of the regular stuff.

Reply to
lisajoe

And exactly who's wrong here about what? Let's recap. Someone posted:

"you can't simply put a European washing machine in the US,"

To which you replied:

">> W-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-lll. You can buy Bosch front-loaders in the US now, although as

That makes the false implication that because Bosch's washers are being sold in the US, that they are a European type front loader machine, in some way identical to the features, voltages, cycles, etc of the European machines being discussed in this thread. For example, in this thread it was claimed that European machines don't need a hot water connection because they do any heating themselves. I can assure you that the front loaders sold here do require a hot water connection, just as any washer would. Just because they are Bosch doesn't mean that besides being front loaders they are European machines. In fact, they are made for the US market and are similar to ALL THE OTHER FRONT LOADERS SOLD HERE.

And the HE type detergent that ALL the manufacturers of front loaders being sold in the US recommend, including Bosch, is widely available. Tide HE is but one common example that you can find in just about any supermarket. You're dead wrong on that one.

And then after I posted:

Your reply was:

"And there are shitloads of those, right? "

As another poster pointed out, from Maytag's website, 6 of the 15 washers they sell here are front loaders. Take a look at a common retailer, BestBuy's website.

have 23 top loaders and 73 FRONT LOADERS as line items. Front loader manufacturers are Whirlpool, LG, Frigidaire, Maytag, GE, Samsung, Electrolux, and Kitchenaid. And given the price delta, which do you think they push and sell? Walk into the store and the front loaders are prominently featured, the top loaders are in the back.

So, living in the UK, stop making an ass of yourself about that which you don't know. Perhaps using rumours as if they were fact is your major malfunction.

Reply to
trader4

On the other hand the Bosch WAS20160UC (a current model in the US) requires Nominal voltage: 220-240V, 60Hz; Nominal current: 15A. Which is remarkably close to the specification of broadly similar models in Europe. (OK - let us accept the 50/60 Hz thing is a minor difference.)

It does have hot and cold fill - but that seems unrelated to the machine's electrical spec. (I.e. at that rating, a fairly decent internal heating element is quite feasible.)

If you go to the WFMC8440UC model, you get:

Internal Water Heater An internal heating element heats the water to up to 170 F while a digital temperature sensor continually monitors the water temperature. Bosch Nexxt washers deliver the most efficient and accurate water heating method for each selected fabric type.

(Though that is a 110-120V model with just 1350W rating.)

Reply to
Rod

You are.

I was wondering when another of the unpleasant traits of this particular ex-Colony would arise; parochiality. That, combined with the aforementioned inability to admit error, is beiong ably demonstrated here.

Of course, you know as little about me as you do about everything else, so you are as wrong about my knowledge of the USA as everything else.

Reply to
Huge

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Huge saying something like:

LOL! Priceless.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

LOL. Forget all the above drivel. Do you still want to claim:

Claim: Bosch front loaders sold in the USA are somehow different "European type" front loaders and make it sound like they are somehow unique and one of the only machines of that type available?

Fact: They have features similar to ALL THE OTHER WIDELY AVAILABLE FRONT LOADERS being sold be virtually every washing machine manufacturer selling products in the USA: Maytag, Whirpool, LG, Samsung, Kenmore, Frigidare, GE, etc.

Claim: Runours about Bosch service being poor.

Fact: Instead of posting about rumours, if you don't have any factual data or experience, only an idiot would cite rumours as advice.

Claim: Front loaders aren't common here.

Fact: They represent a substantial part, if not most, of many of these manufacturer's product lines. When's the last time you;ve been in a US appliance retailer or even looked at their website. Did you look at the Bestbuy link?

Claim: HE detergent for front loaders is hard to find in the US.

Fact: The shelves in any supermarket, discount store, wholesale club are full of them. Tide, Gain, All, Cheer, House brands, probably 8 or more different ones to choose from in any reasonable store.

So, what kind of moron are you?

Reply to
trader4

Strawman.

Proof by assertion.

Not what I said.

Strawman.

Incorrect.

A damn sight cleverer one than you, it would appear.

Now do f*ck off back under whichever rock it was you crawled out from under.

Reply to
Huge

No comment on the other assertions but I looked out of interest and Frigidaire were offering one top loader and about twenty front loaders, which would seem to indicate correct rather than incorrect!

Reply to
Bob Mannix