Black decorators caulk - does it exist?

There's large gaps behind the black granite upstands where the walls aren't straight. Ideal solution is to reskim the wall to level it off, but this isn't going to happen. We've decided best compromise is to use some black filler, but I'm not sure if black caulk exists and I'm a little wary of using silicone.

Reply to
Kevin

Can't you combine this with the laser toner thread and make your own?

Reply to
pete

Dunno - you'll have to ask a black decorator!

Seriously though, the white stuff can be painted any colour you like, once it has set.

Reply to
Roger Mills

My mother's kitchen has black upstands and they have some from of black sealer around them. Dunno whether it's caulk or silicone - possibly the latter as ISTR it looks shinier than caulk.

Why are you wary of silicone? Could you perhaps paint the caulk black?

Reply to
mike

In article , Kevin writes

You can certainly get black acrylic sealants which will probably be tougher and less slimy than silicone, and paintable if that was what you were worried about.

See:

fred

Just a heads-up, but this side of the Pond they sell both paintable and non-paintable stuff (I have no idea why). UK might be different of course, but it might be worth checking the fine print for what it says about paintability.

Reply to
Jules

You could splash water about the kitchen with gay abandon like my Missus does - the stuff would be black soon enough - with mould.

Reply to
Franko

following on from Fred's link - this:-

Stixall M.S Polymer 290ml Black (fromToolsatan)

dries shiny - it may just be the ticket?

cheers jim

Reply to
jim

Because I can't paint over silicone and that'll cause problems with the inevitable smudges etc. where I've put too much on. Also because you don't seem to be able to get own-brand black silicone and this effectively makes it 3 - 4 times the price of the white/ natural stuff.

On the other hand, if it's all I can get then I'll have to go with it.

Reply to
Kevin

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember pete saying something like:

Mmm... sticky prints.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You can get *acrylic* FRAME sealer., as opposed to decorators caulk, in a wide variety of colours. As far as I can tell, its pretty much the same stuff. Decorators caulk, by definition, is used under decoration..;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is possible to paint over silicone. At least some silicone, for example:

Reply to
Rod