Black & Decker Firestorm drill recall

I have a Black & Decker Firestorm cordless drill which lived up to its name last week. A plume of acrid smoke came out of the body, followed by flames which licked around the vents. I discovered that this drill was subject to an international recall. It's even mentioned on the Black & Desker site at:

(you have to type "recall' into the search box to find the page). But their page for further information is a a "page not found", no-one seems to reply to customer service email, and I can't find a customer service telephone number for them either.

What's the best way for me to get in touch with them to replace or fix this drill?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Why not talk to your nearest service agent and see what they suggest? You can get a list here:

http://62.146.25.230/servicecentre.asp?mktid=2&sid=21&lid=1

Reply to
John Rumm

Why not take it back to where you bought it?

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Because that was about four years ago and I can't remember where I bought it.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

which drills are subject to the recall as i cant find any info on this a link on the b&d website just directs me to a dead link?

Reply to
ady2°°4©

FYI

It's American but there are other pages from other countries with the same parts lists. It's and old recall, from 2002, but according to another of your posts it would seem your drill may be on the list.

might like to try a googling for firestorm recall ;-)

Reply to
doozer