Black & Decker Cordless Battery?

My battery for this device has died. the drill is a KC12XC and the battery A9252. Does anyone know where I can get a battery for less than the price of a new drill? I saw a post saying Maplin could get individual cells, but when I tried them they mailed me details of AA AAA rechargeables!

Discharged

Reply to
googlenospam

Try

Andrew Mawson

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

and

whether it's cost effective depends on the quality of the drill really.

Reply to
bof

you can easily buy the cells but they are tricky to fix together. If you go to a firm like re-cell they will strip and rebuild your pack with better cells for about the price you can get the cells for.

I have used them three times and been pleased every time:

mrcheerful

Pretty well all drills use Sub-C cells and probably Ni-Cads unless recent, so you need to look out for *tagged* versions of these to solder to. Maplin are pretty expensive, so check out CPC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

See if its any cheaper here?

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Thanks everyone. Recell were full of very knowledgeable advice. Multicell quote =A32.50 per cell for this pack, so I explored inside the pack and found I need 7 cells from 10 replacing. NEVER buy a B&D KC12XC. This must be one of the lightest used cordless drills in DIY history,

2-3 times a year I go out to sand my car bodywork, thats it. OK its 3 years old, do these batteries deteriorate and fail to hold charge even if unused for m> snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
Reply to
googlenospam

No, you need all ten replacing! (cells need to be as closely matched as posssible if you expect any sort of performance out of the battery)

Yes, you are much better off using it more frequently rather than less.

Reply to
John Rumm

Hi,

When it starts to go flat do you use it until it's completely dead?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Reply to
googlenospam

This _really_ kills the batteries as one more cells can get reverse charged. Much better to recharge as soon as it starts to fade, this is more convenient with 2 batts which can then be charged and used in rotation.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Only replace them in sets.

How much did it cost?

How long do you find other rechargeable cells last like say in a toothbrush? The fact is a cheap cordless tool uses cheap cells with a short life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Last Braun toothbrush only lasted about 6 years.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Of course Braun is a quality make so would use quality cells. Be interesting to hear what others get with a market stall special at half the price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The drill was only about =A325, not worth replacing the cells or the battery pack (=A320) Just as I read your "don't run the battery down" I was leaving my electric toothbrush battery running flat!

discharged

Reply to
googlenospam