"Black Ash" contiboard - still available?

I'd like to add some more shelves in a room which has lots of "Black Ash" Contiboard shelves. While I have no great love for the stuff it would be nice to have shelves that match (and sag in the same way!).

I can't find any in Google Shopping - has it been discontinued or is it now called something else, or what?

Reply to
tinnews

If you're anywhere near the "SL" postcode I may have some shelf-sized cuts in the shed somewhere (having dismantled some DIY unit from the 90s made of that material.

Reply to
root

In message , snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk writes

Contiboard itaslef doesn't seem to come in Black Ash, but a random Google search link lead to this:

Reply to
chris French

Hmmm. 15mm Contiboard ? I'd be a bit leery of using that for shelves. Unsupported span would not have great load bearing capacity. We're in Ikea territory here.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Last time I need to do a similar job I ended up finding some white Contiboard and sticking Fablon type covering in the appropriate finish over it.

Reply to
airsmoothed

Just needs lots of supports. 15mm is what the existing shelves are made of so 15mm is what I want/need. My supports are mostly around

40cm apart.
Reply to
tinnews

Ive got shitloads of bookcases using it - OK up to around 2'6" span..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Agreed, although my Ikea shelves are 18mm and reasonably resistant to bending.

The exception is one 760mm shelf which is sagging slightly under a load comprising 12" Long Playing records extending over about 75% of the length (and protruding ~50mm at the front which probably doesn't help, either).

Reply to
Terry Casey

Pleasure, "melamine black ash" was the magic search term.

I'm sure I've seen it in a local hardware store, which prompted me to try a search.

Reply to
chris French