Bitumen covered concrete floor

I have a concrete ground floor which has a bitumen layer on it. AIUI, concrete floors are normally laid on top of a DPM - is it possible that the bitumen layer is providing the damp proofing, or is it just to give a nice surface?

My plan is to channel some TV/Satellite cables into the concrete inside a conduit. If the bitumen is the damp course, could I restore the damp proofing by covering the channel with a strip of DPM? Would I need to bond it to the bitumen?

Cheers Stewart

Reply to
Stewart

Just brush on a couple of coats of rubberised bitumen emulsion.

Reply to
Rob Morley