bitcoin - well sort of diy

Doesn't seem to be a ng for bitcoin - just wondered if, in these challenging times (:-)) anyone here has a "good" weblink they'd care to share? Seems to me that the cost of generating BCoins is now very expensive when one takes into account the computing kit needed to do it ( a stack of video processor cards and the power needed) and although technically interesting it may be better to consider buying/selling them. ps Anyone off to Cyprus for their summer hols.

Reply to
dave

Eric

I had occasion to buy some in December - £20 bought 1.3 bc. I spent some, leaving .41 bc left over. I've just checked today, and that .41 is worth £21.

Now *that* is some interest !

Anyone know where you can actually *spend* bitcoins ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

The Silk Road is one. Whether you'd want to buy what is being sold there is another matter.

Reply to
usenet2012

Not really. Ideally you like to convert bitcoins to cash.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

The price fluctuates according to how much publicity Silk Road gets.

Reply to
GB