Bit OT: MS Excel spreadsheet question

I have an MS EXCEL spreadsheet that I use to keep track of my domestic fuel use (gas + electric). For some time now, every time I open it I get a warning "File Error: data may have been lost", even though the sheet gets regularly saved. I don't get it when opening other spreadsheets. AFAICT no data has been lost, and if it has, it's not important. It's annoying. How do I prevent it coming up? I assume some flag somewhere has been accidentally set, that needs to be unset. It's EXCEL 2003.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Copy the data into a new spreadsheet and use that one.

Reply to
GB

+1
Reply to
Nick

It was probably saved with a new file extension, there seems to be a limitless supply of them these days.

One day Microsoft will eventually buy an ISO that they like. I am sure that if they keep on doing that they will always be able to make money selling stuff you can get for free almost anywhere else.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Thanks everyone. The process of copying it all over into a new spreadsheet highlighted the problem as being associated with one of the graphs. I'm now in the process of re-drawing it.

Reply to
Chris Hogg