Bit OT - digital TV

Does anyone know why a digital picture from freeview box should flicker slightly? OK apart from that. The analogue signal is good. I am suspecting a fault with the box. Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
4square

In article ,

4square writes

It is probably the tuner in the TV sending a picture back down the scart cable. This then interferes with the picture you are sending from the set top box. Try changing the analogue channel on the TV (then go back to aux) and see if it gives you a different type of flicker.

The solution is to use a one-way scart or cut the composite video out line (pin 19 at the telly)

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Or just use a decent SCART lead, i.e. one with all the signal cores individually screened.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Mine does as well. I think its the digitisation.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The el cheapo Thompson? They all do that. And don't have RGB output. Take it back.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I wouldn't call that flicker though. You do get pixelisation and blocks of graphics when interference occurs. Flickering may be due to OP using RF output of Freeview box instead of scart

Reply to
Old Bill

It sounds to me like you are suffering from "impulse" interference. Caused by other appliances switching. Worst offenders in my house are CH pump and the little man in the fridge who switches the light on. No idea why these cause more problems than others though...

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

The solution is to use a properly screened SCART cable, not one from the 99p bin.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Usually two causes.

1) The use of an aerial that has no balun.

2) The use of non approved cable or connectors.