Biggest mark up in DIY market??

I have been shopping for tile edge trim and had to pay £5.99 per lengt

in Homebase (to get a match) Is this the biggest rip off mark up or are these lengths of plasti engineered to fine tolerance?? A whole box of tiles cost less tha that!!

Fredd

-- freddyuk

Reply to
freddyuk

They cost that much because people are prepared to pay that!

People shop about for tiles, so there's more competition.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

No we're not, when you have no choice but to buy it at that price or not have it what can you do?

I was well peeved when I had to buy a whole edge at £5.99 from B&Q and I only needed 2 inches of it!

Reply to
RichGK

| On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:11:55 +0000, freddyuk | wrote: |=20 | >

| >I have been shopping for tile edge trim and had to pay =A35.99 per = length | >in Homebase (to get a match) | >Is this the biggest rip off mark up or are these lengths of plastic | >engineered to fine tolerance??=20 |=20 | They cost that much because people are prepared to pay that! |=20 | >A whole box of tiles cost less than that!! |=20 | People shop about for tiles, so there's more competition.

Yep its called a Free Market which the Conservatives say makes things cheaper for the consu^h^h^h^hmugs.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop

Why didn't you ask them for a sample so you could check it matched?

Reply to
DMac

It would probably cost you a lot more to buy a single length from the manufacturer, but the per length cost would drop dramatically if you wanted to buy a few thousand metres.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

You're free not to buy it.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

|=20 | Dave Fawthrop wrote: | > On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:56:13 +0000 (UTC), Frank Erskine | > wrote: | >

| > Yep its called a Free Market which the Conservatives say makes = things | > cheaper for the consu^h^h^h^hmugs. |=20 | You're free not to buy it.

That has *nothing* to do with my post :-(