Bigger pump or check valve?

I've put running water in a basement and the waste is dealt with by a big tub and a submersible pump with a float switch.

It struggles to get started but after a bit of wiggling and switching on and off, once running the pump is more than adequate and has more flow than our fully open taps.

It's about £40 quids worth of Draper (not sure which model) and it's pumping up about 20 feet through 1 inch mains water pipe with a couple of 90 deg elbows.

I can't decide whether to buy a bigger pump or get a check valve so that the pipe doesn't drain when it stops pumping.

Any opinions?

Reply to
R D S

O'Reilly?