Bicycle, crash hat and accident

Who said anything about the same destination? People use different transport methods for different destinations. For example I wouldn't run from Scotland to London, or cycle to catch a bus 100 yards away.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You said "I can run close to the speed to what I can cycle at". Are you suggesting that is no longer the case?

You didn't mention comfort or distance in that rather myopic thing to say and now seem to be trying badly to qualify the statement. *FAIL*

Reply to
Fredxxx

And people that do don't die of heart failure?

Reply to
Fredxxx

People with heart conditions generally end up avoiding heavy exercise.

Every marathon some poor sucker dies of a heart attack.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They'd have died of it anyway. We're supposed to exercise, it's not natural to sit on a chair all day.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Pedestrians however are at a huge risk of being injured by an inconsiderate, serial law breaking, silent menace. A cyclist on the pavement.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Because runners look less of a tit than cyclists.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Of course not. They become immortal.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its not natural for a grown man to ride a push bike.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You are a fool.

Which particular law of physics defines the hurt which something can suffer.

If a block of titanium hits something which is quite fragile - I think you will find that the block of titanium will come off best - irrespective of their weights.

Reply to
Judith

As usual you spout bollocks: please provide a link which substantiates your claim.

Reply to
Judith

Says the fool who previously posted: "..... a bike is nowhere near as dangerous as a car?"

Reply to
Judith

It's more natural than driving a car operated by an internal combustion engine, and is easier than running for long distances.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I was about to comment that the jury is out on that one, but thinking about it, you are probably right.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If cyclists wear everyday clothes like jeans and tshirt, they look quite normal. But a hi-vis jacket, a helmet, and shorts designed to castrate you, do look very silly indeed.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Why is it every time I've been walking along a pavement and a cyclist comes along, one or both of us move to the side to let each other past, just like two pedestrians would. I see no problem.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

+1
Reply to
Tim Streater

Try just tipping one end of their handlebars as they pass you - they learn that it is a) illegal and b) stupid much quicker that way.

Reply to
Bob Henson

No cyclist ever looks normal.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Agreed. Bicycling is a very good everyday means of transport.

Reply to
Peter Keller