Bicycle, crash hat and accident

In London a lot of people choose not to have cars. You shouldn't judge everyone by your own parochial existence.

Reply to
Nick

In London a lot of people are forced to NOT have cars, it is not a choice thing.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

What measure of force? Physical, mentall, emotional? Threats of violence?

With night buses and subsidised transport 24/7 it can only be a choice, a financial one. If I could get around quicker and cheaper using public transport where I live I would but I can't.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Plenty of bicyclists are not organ donors. Plenty of motorists are organ donors. Both those statements are true if reversed.

Reply to
Peter Keller

Perhaps "fracking" has been mis-spelled.

Reply to
Peter Keller

Not at all.

Reply to
JNugent

This makes you immune from accidents does it?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

How recently?

Wet weather gear has improved enormously since I was a kid. I never used to bother to put it on in drizzle - condensation made me as wet as the rain.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

60 years of cycling without hurting anyone (or animal) says, yes.
Reply to
Bod

Hmm. Not much use as an organ donor then!

Reply to
Capitol

That means nothing of the sort. It means it has not happened.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

And *won't* happen. Have you got pedestrian insurance in case you trip over and fall onto an old lady which breaks her hip? Have you got dog insurance in case your dog kills a cat or bites someone? "Does it have to be compulsory to make sense"? ;-)

Reply to
Bod

Big snip 8<

Round here?

Reply to
Richard

Did I ever tell you about the cyclist my daughter attended who had 'de gloved' his penis?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Can you see the future by saying it won't happen then? Your pedestrian insurance question was just silly. Yes, we do have the dog insured in case she bites somebody, this is included in her health insurance. This makes sense but is not compulsory.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

What's silly about it? Don't you have insurance in case you injure someone while out walking?

Reply to
dennis

Where I cycle now, there is zero chance of injuring anybody the way I ride. BTW, there are no "blind corners" on the wide gravel tracks that I frequent. I rarely see anyone walking anyway, most days there are none.

Reply to
Bod

I may have. Give me a while to check my policies.

Reply to
Mr Pounder