Bi-fold Doors - which material?

Part of our master plan for the rear of the house involves bi-fold doors. Roughly 4.7 metre span with 5 doors, one which opens on its own as a back door without having to fold anything.

We looked at some white plastic ones and noted there was a lot of frame compared to glass (common problem with plastic glazing products). We have since been told that large spans of plastic bi-fold doors trend to expand and contract a lot and need a lot of adjustment.

Alternatives seem to be aluminium or wood. We have been told that aluminium is becoming more popular. Wood is allegedly quite expensive.

Anyone have experience with this and any recommendations?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts