BG Consumer Unit at Screwfix

Just a heads up for anyone considering buying a CU. The BG CUs are actually very good IMHO and that is not a bad price.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

With an "integral spirit level", how lazy is that?

Reply to
Andy Burns

ISTR Hager also have them. Not fitted Hager for over 12 months.

Newteam showers also have them in the riser rail!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

En el artículo , ARWadsworth escribió:

Thanks for the heads-up, time to replace my old Wylex unit with fuses.

But: "Integral spirit level" ? wtf?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

The only snag is that you are stuck with the MCBs that screwfix supply. My wholesalers do the same offer but you get to choose the MCBs. I have some spare BG MCBs. Just email me if you need any and I will see what I can find.

And the BG RCBOs are not expensive.

prefer to fit a hi-integrity CU and supply some circuits from RCBOs (often the smokes and the kitchen sockets)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well I suspect two possibilities..

its curved so a real spirit level doesn't fit well.. the electricians get too drunk to use a real spirit level.

Reply to
dennis

A true 'electrician's spirit level' will read correct on one of the two possible options. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Most of my work nowadays is shop work where all that's needed is 1 x ring and 1 x lights. All those unused fuseways....

One of my CUs is square and level relative to the backboard it is on. The backboard is squiff. Blame Sheffield Corporation Electricity Department ;)

JGH

Reply to
jgharston