Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands?

What is the best way to remove Araldite which has been mixed but has not yet hardened from my hands?

I have tried meths, soap & water, Swarfega but none seem to remove the sticky Araldite.

Reply to
Bill Woods

Try talcum powder.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Did you say you tried methyl chloride?....Dangerous stuff....I believe that material is similar, correct me if I am wrong, to epoxy and I never found anything to get it off your hands short of peeling it off over a few days....good luck, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Try white spirit.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Acetone-based nail-polish remover?

Reply to
Rob Morley

I didn't see that. Meths isn't methyl chloride ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Methylated spirits - denatured alcohol to our friends across the pond.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Take off the latex gloves you were waring ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

No, meths is methyl alcohol not methyl chloride. And don't consider using the latter, it's very nasty stuff, I believe used as paint stripper.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

Try face clenser, some are powdered walnut in solution...

Else get a tube of Solopol

Reply to
James Salisbury

Thats the one!

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Bill Woods wrote in news:Xns960A87441D52151D7E@

130.133.1.4:

Don't worry, it wears off a lot quicker than expanding filler ;-(

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Did you ever read Peter Parry's (I think) story about his expanding foam canoe project?

It's a classic and we still remember and talk about it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Marcus Fox" wrote in message news:Q%nUd.2404$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...

meths is actually ethanol which has been 'methylated' with methyl isobutyl ketone + some methanol + bitrex ('orrible taste') and a trace or a dye usually fluorescein to show its not potable (in case the small doesn't tell you)

Nik

Reply to
NikV

Huh?

That's green/yellow ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Here it is

It's a classic and we still remember and talk about it.

Absolutely hilarious

Reply to
Toolmaker

Thanks for the url, I hadn't saved it. Instead I printed it when I first saw it, to show to Spouse. The bed shook intermittently for a hour afterwards. From mirth.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Servisol tape/video head cleaner. Can also be used to thin the Araldite for more delicate repair jobs!

Reply to
Michael Slattery

In article , Michael Slattery writes

I think that's trichloroethane - also found as tippex thinners

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

No, they did away with halogenated solvents in Tippex as they're quite nasty, if not carcinogenic, definitely bad for the ozone layer.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox