Best way to fit soot door in stove register board

Hi all,

My house has a multifuel stove in a fireplace but it has been fitted without any access above the register board and since the chimney is not lined it is full of twigs etc dropped down by the jackdaws on the roof, and blocked. I'm thinking that I could just cut a hole in the board and then screw on a wider piece of register board underneath once I have cleared it. Is this the best way to do it? And what screws should I use?

Thanks,

Sean

Reply to
seanofford

Or do as we did. Cut a rectangular hole, make a new piece slightly larger than the hole and just let it sit on top. No need for screws.

Reply to
Rednadnerb