Best way to connect MDPE pipe to a tank

I want what is effectively a tank connector to connect 20mm MDPE pipe to a tank, there doesn't seem to be such a thing.

I assume therefor that the best way to do it is to use an MDPE 20mm to BSP female and then a male BSP tank connector (i.e. a brass 'nipple' and some washers and nuts).

Reply to
tinnews

snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@chris.zbmc.eu:

I think there would not be a long enough tail left on a tank connector to get a good connection for a socket.

I reckon you would be better off with a copper adaptor on the MDPE fitting and join up to the tank connector with a short piece of copper and nut and olive.

Heliotrope Smith

In message , Heliotrope Smith writes

without looking at one, I can't think wether it would be enough or not, but surely that's the point of a having tank connector with a threaded tail (as opposed to a compression fitting)?

Plasson do a plastic one:

That was the alternative that occurred to me.

Reply to
chris French

The brass tank connectors are quite short and would be difficult to screw a socket on.

The plasic one looks like it is adjustable in length and would appear to be more suitable.

Heliotrope Smith