Best way to clean a clogged gas cooker

I recently suffered a clumsy accident, knocking over a joint in my oven, which in turn clogged the gas jets from which the flame emits. As a consequence, I cannot get the flames to burn properly now, with just a few little tiny flames coming on. Obviously fat has clogged these, and I am at a loss as to how best to clean the area to restore full function.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so I would be grateful for advice on the most effective way to clean it. I've tried scrubbing with white vinegar, but that didn't do the trick.

Reply to
The Weary Wizard

Hands and knees, pin, long time. (It was toad in the hole batter with me)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

It's a long time since I had my head and shoulders wedged inside the oven (!) but I'm sure that, in my case, the burner could be removed reasonably easily. If that is possible, it would offer the easiest solution as you could use heat to melt the fat, boiling water to flush it out, etc., and then dry it out before refitting.

Can't check this out with the old cooker concerned as it was replaced recently (and the new cooker has a smaller oven!) but I think the separation point might have been where the air is mixed with the gas so that it didn't need any tampering with the internal gas piping at all. (The safety shut-off thermostat was clipped to the burner with a strong spring steel clip, I recal.)

If you can get into it with a good light, a detailed visual examination might pay dividends!

Terry

Reply to
Terry