Best way of joining 1cm pipe carrying hot water

It never rains, sigh...

I've got a leak from my Triton 300si shower. This model has a remote 'heat pack' which passes hot water to the control panel on the wall via a semi-rigid 1cm OD plastic pipe. I have a strong suspicion that a rat has gnawed through this pipe somewhere.

I've ordered replacement parts and will be investigating further, as well as of course trying to nail that sucker. However it's not feasible to get at both ends of the pipe when replacing. So my thought are turning to joining two pieces in the middle somewhere.

What would be the best fittings to do this? I don't yet know the ID of the pipe, but of course I will be able to find that out soon. As mentioned the pipe is semi-rigid and carries hot water.

Thanks for your thoughts

jon N

Reply to
jkn

Depending on the ID I'd try fitting inserts intended for 10mm plastic plumbing pipe (e.g.Hep20 or Speedfit) into your plastic pipe and using either compression or push-fit couplers to join to it.

Reply to
John Stumbles