Best type of paint for veneered wardrobe

Hi all,

I inherited a wardrobe when I purchased my house.

It is made from veneered chipboard, and is of the cheap budget range - the type of thing you would get from B&Q, homebase, Argo and MFI.

The veneer has a wood effect on it. The doors are shaded green, but still have a wood effect on it as part of the veneer.

Rather that chuck it I thought it whould it would make reasonalby good shelving material as it is not marked in any way.

However I would like to paint the shelves once I fit them.

What is the best type of paint to go for. I have loads of Satinwood, but I guess the veneer is not really wood - some kind of man made material say melamime?

The shelves are for a kids room, so I cant have the paint flaking off too quickly.

Since the veneer is not wood, there is no point sanding the surface to key the surface.

Any ideas, tips etc

Bhupesh

Reply to
bp

Satinwood,

I've used the wjite one ober blue melamine & it covered in one coat.

You can buy this in B&Q or Homebase.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman