best searchable archive for text-only newsgroups? (excl. Goog Grps)

Hi, I've had enough of Google Groups, and am about to go back to using a proper news client, as I did in the old days.

Could someone recommend a searchable web-based archive of posts to text-only newsgroups?

Is there one that contains articles going back many years, posted to groups in the Big-8, alt, and other hierarchies including uk, and isn't anything to do with Google?

Thanks!

Michael

Reply to
hanrahan398

No.

I use a proper news client for general reading and posting and gurgle groups if I have to search for an old article.

Reply to
Mark