Will take a look...thanks.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Code is SXS
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Today I put in about 4 boxes of 3.5"x10 quicksilver screws, only a few were a problem down the angle I was driving at. Are you sure you are using the right size/type bit? I've also used the turbo gold screws in anger (1000+) and they seem pretty good.
Tony

I always buy the Turbogold screws. Never had any problems at all. Good for use outside as well. I have a couple of gates I made 2 years ago that are held together with them, still as new.
Are you using the right size driver profile? The majority of screw sizes you need a PZ2 driver bit, but in all cases use the PZ profile.
Dave

I use the Screwfix screws you refer to frequently - haven't had much to complain about.
Are you sure you've got the correct screwdriver?
PoP
I use TurboGold and have been very happy with them.
Hello SJ

Buy a decent driver bit!
Screwfix Gold or Diamond Posi2 tips are recommended. Last for ages. Generic or even branded stuff just doesn't last and will round off PDQ especially in a power driver.
The only issue I have with screwfix screws, and I've bought a LOT, is the occasional infilled head - perhaps 1/1000. And then only when you're at the top of a ladder and only took just enough screws with you so you've got to go back down to get another.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
Someone wrote "Buy a decent bit". I concur. Spent extra time tonight, while modifying a desk, looking for some 'Torx'.bits. Finally found them but none would fit the odd looking screw heads. I hadn't really lloked at the screw heads and was having trouble with a slightly worn Roberston bit! Closer examination showed the heads had an unusual eight point design to be used with a 'regular' Robertson Number 2 (Four side Canadian; in GOOD condition)!