Best Preparation for plastered Bathroom walls?

I had my bathroom walls replastered a fortnight ago.
Before painting them, I'd like to make sure the walls are best prepared - the bathroom tends to get quite steamy, so I'd like to reduce the chance of the painted walls starting to flake.
Can anyone recommend the best preparation process - (e.g. i've heard elsewhere about PVA etc)
Secondly, does anyone know if these kitchen/bathroom-specific emulsions you can buy are actually any different from 'normal' emulsions? Do they really have moisture-resisting properties?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Eno

Bone didn't seem to think so.
I painted our bathroom walls with a standard good quality Vinyl Silk Emulsion about 3 years ago. We have had no problems with flaking. Then again we do have ventilation in the bathroom (humidistat operated ceiling fan), and don't suffer from much condensation, mould etc. either.
--
Chris French, Leeds