Best place to sell interior Yorkshire sandstone flagstones?

Hi

I am thinking about taking out my internal Yorkshire sandstone flagstones and laying a wooden floor. I was wondering where the best place to sell these would be, and what kind of price I could expect?

They are from a 1880's terraced house. They vary from 6 to 9cm thick. Ones I have pulled up are hand cut. i.e you can see the old tool marks underneath. Various sizes but most are approx 100 length, 60 cms width. They weigh a hell of a lot!!

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Jim

Reply to
mrjimwilsonspam

Ebay. buyer collects!

The going rate for real sandstone is about £5 a flag,and they clean up, with brick acid, a treat..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The free ads in your local newspaper? I have no idea what they are worth but a local building materials reclamation firm will be able to advise.

Reply to
DIY

Might be worth taking a photo before you lft them.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

I think they are probably worth more than that unless they are cheap modern imports that are only suitable for use indoors. I had some stone flags stolen from my garden recently (about half a ton) and at £5 a flag I can't see a tealeaf going to the trouble of loading them into his pick-up.

I could do with a few cheap flags but sods law says these won't be near me (Keighley) and I don't have any suitable transport anyway.

Reply to
Roger

Hi,

I'd definitely keep them somewhere if original.

If/when you come to sell the house wood floors may be well 'out' and original flags 'in'

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I bought NEW Indian sandstone at that price. UK stiff is about twice that, new.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There have been at least half a dozen offers of free flagstones in my area (Perth/Stirling), on Freecycle, in the past couple of weeks.

There's bound to be a Freecycle group near you, why not subscribe?

Reply to
Anne Jackson

The OP wrote: "I was wondering where the best place to sell these would be".

Sell? On Freecycle?

Reply to
DIY