Best place to buy Osma-Gold online

I've now found my friendly and very local plumber who is happy to do my bits of gas connection and so on. He's recommending osma-gold as being a good push-fit system. In the past I've used speedfit and Hep2o. Speedfit is never really convincing and he reckons osma-gold is cheaper than hep.

Does anyone know a good place to get osma-gold (preferably online) for a reasonable price. Speedfit has the advantage that Screwfix stock it which means no hassling for discounts with the plumbers merchant.

Any advice?

Fash

Reply to
Fash

Not for gas I hope!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

gas itself isn't hot.

More seriously, gas pipe in copper of course. CH and water pipes in push fit EXCEPT next to boiler and underneath the ground floor due to potential rodent problems (1 rat killed, 1 mouse captured to date).

Cheers,

Fash

Reply to
Fash

I got my Osma gold bits Travis Perkins (Eastleigh) and Ebay. Have to be careful on prices off Ebay.

Reply to
Ian_m

Yes. Avoid pushfit. Use good quality brass compression joints which are no more expensive and probably cheaper. Pushfit is problematic. Don't gamble, you could lose big time.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

As you found to your cost when gambling with installation tools.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Gambling has at least a possibility of success.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Matt, me old boy, the fitting are poo, clearly poo. Please fit all your home out with pushfit now. Remove all joints and put pushfit in "now". You need to.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Or failure. Please install pushfit in every joint in your house right now. You need to.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel