Best paint for inside walss of outbuilding?

I have an outbuilding used as a workshop - it's actually an extension of the back of the detached garage - which I want to paint internally, mainly to make it brighter and easier to see stuff in my old age.

I'm wondering what best to use? Structure is single-skin grey breeze-block, and does appear completely dry; ie no dark patches on the walls anywhere. Is there any reason not to use bog-standard white emulsion, or should I be thinking differently? Presumably exterior-grade paint isn't appropriate?

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

i'd use a Dulux Weathershield/Sandtex type paint. a bit more durable (and expensive)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well I did wonder about that - it always says "not for indoor use" though doesn't it, implying there's a reason (other than cost) not to do so?

David

Reply to
Lobster

I'd use lime paint. Its long lasting, incredibly cheap, you never need remove any because the next layer rebonds any old paint, and it tends to fill in rough surfaces, making them smoother wit each repaint. Also dried drops can be removed within 24hrs using just a hose.

Mix builder's lime with water to make a putty. Mix the putty 50/50 with water, paint it on.

NT

Reply to
NT