Best Fixing for Removable Pipe Cover

I've had to remove a hardboard pipe cover and now need to re-fix it. The pipe cover is in 2 sections, 1 section is approx 6' x 1' & the other is about 2' x 1' The cover is mounted on roughly 1" wide batten. It was originally firmly screwed in place & the holes filled & painted over.

For various reasons I want to be able to remove the cover without having to spend 2 hours easing it off ... however my wife doesn't want scews with caps or domes. Any suggestions what else I could use? I was thinking about magnetic catches, but wasn't sure if they'd be strong enough. One other thought was a catch like this:

wasn't sure if it might not be very robust or be a bit fiddly to fit.

Any suggestions?

Michael

Reply to
michaeld121

filled

but wasn't sure if it might not be very robust or be a bit fiddly to

Velcro?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Michael,

If SWMBO doesn't mine seeing countersunk screws, then you could use these in brass with countersunk screw-cups - better than steel and if you repaint the boxing, use slot-headed screws with the slots pointing downwards to easily brush the paint out of them.

Failing that, providing the the boxing isn't subject to a lot of physical attack (children playing etc) then providing the catches are fixed to something solid - and there are enough of them - then give it a try.

As I a matter of interest, I have a SWMBO like that and I have to find some very ingenious ways to hide various fixings - but there are limitations as to what can be done - and in reality and I sometimes use a little fiction or bulls**t - just to make life a little simpler - and hope she doesn't realise what's been done. :-)

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G