Best energy appliance

If anyone has kids doing A levels now, it would be quite interesting if they could post up some example questions from recent past papers. I am sure I still have Computer Science and Physics papers knocking about from the mid 80's that I could dig out for comparison.

Reply to
John Rumm

The point is the A level has ceased to be 'this means this guy is intelligent - possibly in the top 5%' and now means 'this guy is not educationally subnormal, and is, like 25% of his age group, capable of jumping through a fairly dull and easily learnt set of hoops'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any proof of this, or is this just inane ramblings?

Reply to
IMM

A number of universities give their incoming students the same exams each year and have noticed a year-on-year decline in their scores, to the extent that they have introduced remedial classes to their 1st years to bring them up to the A level standard that prevailed when the undergraduate course was designed. York and Warwick keep suggesting themselves to me.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

We noted this when I was doing A levels nearly 30 years ago, that papers were getting bit easier. Although that might also have been due to some slight syllabus changes.

We also noted that there was a small but detectable differences between exam boards (JMB hardest and NU easiest IIRC).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Maxie, I got my honours degree in the good old days.

Reply to
IMM

An honours degree. It was supposed to be difficult then, so all the older timers are saying attempting to make out they are brainier. Maxie I hope you don't do that.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

In what, and from where ?

Reply to
raden

In message , IMM writes

As I said ... in what (discipline) and from where (by which I meant from which university)

a simple factual reply would suffice

Reply to
raden

writes

Maxie, a factual reply:

An honours degree.

Reply to
IMM

You forgot to include the url for the web site where you bought it.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , IMM writes

OK, a relevant reply then

I asked, in what discipline and from where?

I didn't actually ask what class of degree

Reply to
raden

It's the only way you could obtain an honours degree. You could of course remove all doubt by naming the educational instituition where you obtained your "honours degree", the subject and the year in shich you obtained it.

The fact that over many years you have been unable to do so, and that your ability to learn or reason is somewhat below that of the average six year old are clear indicators that you don't even have an 'O' level, let alone a degree.

Reply to
Steve Firth

More facts please. If it's real, you'll be able to tell us.

Subject?

Level?

Year?

University?

Of course, if you're making it up, you won't be able to answer...

Reply to
Bob Eager

That is not true, you are misinforming all your readers. That is not nice. I got mine through a uni, and had to sit in lectures and do exams and all that stuff.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

You can't even spell URL correctly

Face it, nobody believes you

Reply to
raden

Maxie, you must not speak for normal poeple. That is not nice.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

You still haven't answered the original question