Best cordless phone set?

The base phone in my Panasonic KX-TG1313JT set of 3 cordless phones was damaged by lightning in a recent thunderstorm (in Italy). I'm looking for a new set of cordless phones with the following properties:

  1. Records caller's number.
  2. Includes answerphone facility, to send "Cannot answer" message, and record incoming response.
  3. Has contact list shared between cordless phones.

If anyone can recommend such a phone-set I should be very grateful. Or if not, if anyone can suggest a more appropriate mailing-list or forum.

I have Gigaset C300 set of cordless phones in Ireland, which are very good, but which do not have properties 2 or 3. But I'm quite impressed with these phones, so I would be very happy with Gigaset phones with these properties.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

There should be loads - so difficult to say which is best.

We have BT Edge and BT Freelance phones here - two base stations (only one wired up) which have answer phones and two pairs of handsets which display the incoming call number (as long as the network provider has turned this on) and share contact lists (although I don't have any contact lists).

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Following Sat, 26 Oct 2013 15:02:05 +0100, Timothy Murphy :

my gigaset SL78H is a nice solid bit of (metal) kit. The calls are received by a remote transmitting box by the telephone input. Each phone is then just wired to power only. It has answerphone (recallable on all instruments) and displays caller number once I paid for caller disclosure to line supplier. You share or do not share contact numbers between phones by a simple wireless copy operation. It rings differenlty for numbers in contacts list so I can just ignore all the nusiance calls which usually come up as weird numbers or "number withheld". Only problem has been phones crashed once or twice and had to remove battery to reboot. It also has intercom feature, which we use all the time to communicate round the house, it also has a room monitor and does SMS *if* your provider supports it on landlines.

Reply to
Mike.. . . .

This has a lot of info:

Good service in the past but not used recently.

Reply to
PeterC

As have we and they are quite good, not sure about them recording the callers number, because we don't have that enabled.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I'm a Gigaset fan, too, with a S795 setup. It does caller ID, records incoming numbers and contacts can be copied from a PC, Windows Contacts as I recall in my case, and copied to each handset.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

In message , Timothy Murphy writes

There are Gigaset models which do that - mine does but I've had it for a few years so probably out of date. Call list limit is 30. Answerphone calls are listed separately. Directory limit is 100 and numbers can be transferred between handsets as required.

Reply to
bert

An interesting aside...

Have ye counted how many different sets of cordless phones Argos stocks?

It's a few ...

Reply to
Adrian C