Best / Cheapest Place To Buy Kitchen Cabinets???

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy kitchen cabinets at the best prices? I'm not looking for anything very fancy; Maximum of 2000
To get "bargains", is the best place/time to go into the usual large DIY stores and purchase during the January sales? Or are there any other ways to purchase at less than the usual price? For example, are there any wholesalers of kitchen cabinets which would sell to the public? Or mail-order suppliers?
What about purchasing 2nd hand kitchen cabinets? Sometimes I see what appear to be good quality 2nd hand kitchen units advertised in newspapers, but I suppose if you purchase these there's no guarantee that they'll fit the kitchen!
Does anyone have any suggestions/tips? Thanks!
On 12 Jan 2004 09:25:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@postmaster.co.uk (SuzySue) wrote:

WWW.keencost.co.uk
DG

Thanks Derek!
SuzySue wrote:

SNIP
There was a thread on this sometime last week.
Having gone through the process recently, by far the most suitable for our requirements was a kitchen from Ikea, the quality / price / ease of installation has far surpassed our expectations.
According to the delivery guys ours was a large kitchen (150 individual boxes / packets - 13ish lower units, 11ish upper units), all components were correct and nothing missing, cost was around 1800 for units, plinths etc..
very happy Jon

Thanks for this Jon. I've just discovered the thread you mentioned. I must have missed it before.