Best buy in metal primer?

I need 5 litres of grey metal primer for repainting my narrowboat - where's the best buy d'you reckon?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

The best you can afford maybe?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

If it didn't have to be grey I would say Bonda Prima. It's a red oxide primer that is loaded with zinc and other goodies that makes it absolutely bomb proof. About £25 for 2.5L

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

Dulux Trade Metal Primer is grey.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Oops, not very helpful there...

Try something like:

It might be better to use the more expensive one where the paint can get damaged, eg on the waterline or corners underwater, and where there is foot traffic.

Also try asking on uk.rec.waterways

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Thanks Pete - I had cross-posted to the waterways ng.

Reply to
Paper2002AD