best Aerial Distribution Amp ?

Need to buy an Aerial Distribution Amp ...

options seem to be LABGEAR HDU681 circa £55

or ANIFERENCE A26OLT circa £25

Is there much to choose between them ? ..... with one costing twice the other ?

I know one is 6 and the other 8 way ... only currently see need for 5 way.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Bit more info ... will be used only for standard aerial distribution now ... with move to full Sat/TV/FM distribution in future (in case this has bearing on choice)

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Don't think you can use a DA like this for satellite.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He's probably referring to distribution of the UHF output of the $ky box.

Reply to
Andy Wade

yep ... what I want to do initially is just have a standard aerial distribution for 1 terrestrial aerial in and 4 out ... at some point in future will add sky+ and distribute that as well.

Have looked at the Antiference & Labgear kit, and thought about using one of their boxes to provide aerial distribution now ... and utilising it in complete system in future. Alternative would be the 'Loftbox' product.

If those in the know would suggest just using a basic aerial distribution box now (without Sat capabilities) that would also be OK, as long as I can utilise the box in future.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

They all work. I got Labgear kit on advice from Tony Sayer - who sometimes posts here. I needed VHF and UHF in, and ten outputs.

What surprsied me was how CHEAP it was.

Its been utterly perfect (i.e. more than good enough) and hasn't missed a beat in 4 years. Rock solid pictures on all channels apart from Ch5 analog, which is low power here. Used to get interference from continental stations on that one.

Now digital, and rock solid on everything.

I think the whole shebang - 2x aerials, amp, connectors and an attentuator pad and passive splitter for the latst two connectors - came out at about

60 quid.

Its a lot nicer han having a sky thingy in the garden or bolted on the side of the house.

And distrbuting that so you can watch different channels in different rooms is a frigging nightmare.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ISTR that someone who posts here designs them;))

Disagree there!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Mines in the loft tony...and it has enough channels and costs no more than the licence fee.

Nope. Sod sky. I don't like murdoch anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually he doesn't own the satellite and you don't have to pay him to get the bulk of the domestic channels!....

Reply to
tony sayer