best 9v battery?

True enough but how many fo The Great Unwashed know about CPC or other sellers of Procells? They are happy to pay sick squid for four double hays from a supermarket.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Most of the great unwashed know about Amazon, don't they? Put in "Procell" and you get mostly Procell plus a few coppertops on the first page of hits. And similar in reverse if you search for "Duracell". Not exactly a secret. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

People on here frequently ask about the "best" whatever.

Does this mean the cheapest? Longest life? Appearance? Value for money? Availability? Most expensive? Most pronounceable trade name?

"Best" is a rather nebulous word and can mean whatever you want it to mean...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In message , Martin Brown writes

Just for the record, the Poundland batteries that I bought last week have an "expiry date" of 2019.

I don't remember ever having any leak. I did have a leaky Duracell fairly recently, but this was in a marine satnav that I hadn't checked or used for years.

I actually think Poundland is not what it used to be. I remember buying really good, surprising things from there - for example a pair of "tweeters" - in the days when I suspect they heard of a shipload of something odd and bought it. I think now they have grown too big for fun like this.

Reply to
Bill

I had a box - again stored at normal room temperature - where they were all 7v or lower measured open circuit. And only just past their use by date.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And CPC advertise on the telly.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The PP3 outer case is only a container for a number of batteries wired in series. The bottoms are usually a plastic plate.

Reply to
alan

I think it would be hard for an employer to prove this now that you can buy procell from places such as tool station and how would your employer know you had procell batteries in your tv remote control?

Reply to
Stephen

Perhaps it depends on what the "whatever" is? I was asking about a battery so appearance is not a concern. I don't think that anyone would consider "best" and "cheapest" or "best" and "most available" to be synonymous. In this instance I was asking for either longevity or value for money, though I suspect for most things the two are the same or closely related.

Reply to
Stephen

I wasn't sure, that's why I asked. Thanks.

Reply to
Stephen

Me too. Ah, the good old days when Maplin was Maplin, not a seller of remote controlled toys.

Reply to
Stephen

Yes, I am sure you are right. Too much time on my hands!

Reply to
Stephen

The end point of a normal PP3 is below 8.4v, so it would only be an isue if the device were incompetently deigned. NiMH and NiCd have more stable Vs than primary cells.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Bit more than 5 years ago, that.