BES website hacked?

Sunday morning, got shopping list, go to order from www.BES.ltd.uk and what do we get? (See page as below) Trouble is there'll be no-one there who'll notice until Monday. Puts me right off. I think freephone ordering looks attractive once again.
" 220 Hacked by JoScH 530 Not logged in. 530 Not logged in. 530 Not logged in. 530 Not logged in. 331 User name okay, need password. 530 Not logged in. 530 Not logged in. 530 Not logged in. 530 Not logged in. "
--
Toby.

Hmmm, tends to be broken on Sundays anyway but this does look different.
Last time I ordered from their web site I phoned up when the order hadn't arrived 3 or 4 days later and learned that they _print_out_ orders entered via www and carry them over to the ordering department, and must have lost mine along the way!
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ Copyright (c) Sirius Cybernetics Corporation (formerly Microsoft)
: > Sunday morning, got shopping list, go to order from www.BES.ltd.uk and : what : > do we get? (See page as below) Trouble is there'll be no-one there who'll : > notice until Monday. : > Puts me right off. I think freephone ordering looks attractive once again. : > : > " : > 220 Hacked by JoScH : > 530 Not logged in. : > 530 Not logged in. : > 530 Not logged in. : > 530 Not logged in. : > 331 User name okay, need password. : > 530 Not logged in. : > 530 Not logged in. : > 530 Not logged in. : > 530 Not logged in. : > " : : Hmmm, tends to be broken on Sundays anyway but this does look different. : : Last time I ordered from their web site I phoned up when the order hadn't : arrived 3 or 4 days later and learned that they _print_out_ orders entered : via www and carry them over to the ordering department, and must have lost : mine along the way!
Ah the effeciency of modern web technology! Ever think they missed the point? 'Next online' close from 11:00 pm to 7:00am . Hilarious!

It was their upstream DNS provider that got hit apparently. Sorted now.
--
Toby.

Bad design
They should have two at least and hosted by different organisations.
Having an e-commerce site down because of that is somewhat pathetic.
Although if they are printing and re-entering orders, they aren't quite with it yet.
Having said that even the might RS has a separate system for their web site which then loads orders into the mainframe system used to run the business. I understand that occasionally this doesn't work properly and online orders disappear.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl