BES ...Incomplete Order

I placed an order yesterday with BES as one item I needed ...a 15-10mm soder ring reducer ...is something that Screwfix do not stock . The order arrived this morning ,including a 2mtre length of chrome pipe in a box the size of you would not believe .....you could have got about 50 3mtre lengths in it ...but guess what ,The reducers and also another number of elbows were marked "to follow" ..I phoned and they said they will be sent in a few days .........

Why don't these companies have their stock linked to their websites in real time so that items that are out of stock are shown as such ....Luckily I'm not in any great hurry for these items but I might have been .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

For some sites this is a con ie they say in stock and will be at warehouse or main depot and they get extra courier postage out of you this way.

I dabble in repairing vintage clocks and a certain online site I get parts from has a habit of saying such'n'such items to follow from the birmingam shop, I gets the receipt from the birmingam shop and find they have charged me the same price P&P from the linconshire head branch and according to the site totaller P&P is for one order not two.

Emailed them and told them i'll be shopping elsewhere informing them of the P&P query(rip off) and they emailed back saying...we value your custom and please accept our apology and any future purchases will amended as one order.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It's what you get when you feed peanuts on monkeyburgers. Then orf to Claridges for tiffin.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

they all do it, ordered some stuff from screwfix the other week, a 25 meter coil of speed fit pipe and a load of speed fit fittings, box arives the next day, big enough to have the coil of pipe in it, but when i opens it no pipe, all the fittings and that, in a box 50 times larger than needed for waht was in it,

the courier had mentioned a 2nd part to the order, but nothing on the reciept showed this, phones screwfix up and they split the order up for some reason or other, the coil of pipe will be iwth me in 2 days time,

nice, i can only assume that translates to them being out of stock for the pipe, because anyone seeing an order for pipe and fittings will know the pipe can be run in and the fittings added later, but fittings are no good without the pipe, so if they split the order for any other reason, then got it arse backwards.

Reply to
CampinGazz

Heh - I know exactly what you mean. I ordered some stuff from BES recently which included two 2m lengths of 22mm pipe and it came in a huuuge box that was about 20cm x 20cm x 3.5m long.

And the Boss White I also ordered was ratting around in a huge box too and had managed to burst open. Lovely!

Still, the good thing about BES is they can supply all manner of fittings that nobody else seems to offer online (e.g. a 22x22x8mm solder ring tee that I wasn't able to find anywhere else) and their prices are generally good, so I forgive them their foibles. They seem like a pleasant bunch on the phone, too.

Reply to
Chris Cowley

- apart from the recorded message of the *extremely* bored-sounding brummie saying "your call is in a queue"! Makes Marvin (H2G2) sound like a Virginmobile phonedroid.

Reply to
John Stumbles