BES/Banico diverter repair kit for W-B CDi?

Anybody know if the diverter valve repair kit sold by BES and made by Banico

fits a Worcester CDi?

The Worcester manual says their part is a Giannoni, Ref. V37/OM/I/F/4/A.

I'll give Banico a ring tomorrow but if their telephone support is as good as their website I'm not hopeful of a useful answer :-(

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thanks for all the replies! ;-)

OK I phoned them and Man from Banico, he say: Yes. Claims their diverter repair kit fits all Giannoni and also Mutmacanica(?) valves. We will see ...

Reply to
John Stumbles

Yup, piece of cake. The diaphragm bit that is: as for removing the valve which was not as per the Worcester manual and getting one of the PHE connections to re-seal, and getting the PCB to work again after everything had got sprayed by the dodgy connection ...

Reply to
John Stumbles

My very first DIY boiler repair actually. Took me hours and I've never been so nervous as when all the boiler bits were spread out on the floor in the front of me and my confidence of successfully getting it all back together again started dwindling...

still have a vivid recollection of turning the water back on, repressurising and seeing a couple of drips emerge... they were almost reflected as tears in my eyes but thankfully as the new o-rings soon seated themselves the dripping ceased.

Still, now that I've done that job I can't help but feel practically anything else (gas aside) would be childs play. Indeed my webpage attracts hundreds of hits a month and I get many e-mails from other DIYers well chuffed that they've managed to do the repair themselves so perhaps the relative complexity of it is serving well to teach us a thing or two!

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I think you did a first rate job. I've done a couple of these and they can be bastards for leaking afterwards. The boiler isolators are so problematic that in future I'll consider a drain down in preference to using them.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

That's interesting - just in case I have to work on the boiler again can you elaborate on what the problem is there? I do seem to recall hearing something about them leaking if used a few times and presumably that's a Bad Thing given I suspect the valves themselves are not all that easy to replace?

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton