bent handrail

If you work on the principle that the largest interval you can get away with supporting a rail is about every 1.5m, then you would not want any bend visible with it fixed at just those points.

Cheers,

John.

/=================================================================\ | Internode Ltd -

| |-----------------------------------------------------------------| | John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk | \=================================================================/

Reply to
John Rumm

rail of that length (3600mm) ?

Timber is normally stored vertically in a merchant's premises and bent stuff stands out like a sore thumb. It only gets sold (probably at a discount) to someone who needs short lengths, but this is an unlikely scenario with a handrail. I doubt whether standards of any sort apply to the British timber trade :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

Had a response from the supplier:

Hi Simon, I have spoken with Richard Burbidge, they have said the rail will be fine once fitted as the tolerance for a 3600mm handrail is 20mm. I hope this information helps you. Kind regards Dawn

Reply to
sm_jamieson

So a bent handrail will be fine when fitted? Not in my book

Reply to
stuart noble

The spindles will push it into line I suppose. At least it is not twisted. I may try to straighten it a bit by weighting it.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I would expect relatively little force is required to bend it 10mm over

3.6m length...
Reply to
John Rumm