bending vertical blinds for shallow bay

They charge you an awful lot more for curved vertical blinds than for straight. I know they are custom bent, but I suspect they rip you off too. You can get some cheap verticals from argos. Any idea how to smoothly bend these to fit round a shallow bay (about 2 metres across for 40cms in) ? They are probably aluminium channel. There may be problems with the sliders snagging, but I guess the edges could be rounded off. The difference would be 50 quid (argos) versus 300 quid plus ! Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
Simon

I'd thought the chances of bending the slats into a curve so they all look the same near impossible. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would saw the track and do little mitres at appropriate intervals. This probably means you will lose the ability to slide the verticals, so you'll have to re-assemble each segment separately and always have the blinds across the window. You might also lose the swivelability.

An alternative might be a straight, floor-to-lintel/ceiling blind across the chord (?? geometrical term) of the arc of the bay.

A voile is probably less faff.

Owain

Reply to
Owain