bending steel tubing

I need to bend some 10 mm stainless tubing through 180 degrees with a radius of about 8 cm. Any pointers/tips - ?. Do I need to use a spring down the tube ?. How hot do I need to get it. I can borrow a sievert blow torch. many thanks Nick

Reply to
capnahab

You need proper tube benders, swagelok if your rich, basic from a plumbers if your lucky...

Reply to
Badger

Easiest way for a one off is to firmly plug one end with a wood plug, fill it with fine sand and then plug the other end. Bend it over something that doesn't mark it.

I'd do it cold. If you heat it enough to make it easy, it will discolour.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)