Bending spectacles

Can't remember anyone wearing two (except as a joke). Or more! :-)

Reply to
polygonum

A bit fraught, as you say, and I wouldn't try it on new ones. It is the ideal place, as that would need the least angle.

That is useful to know, thank you. I'd still need to get it hot as the plastic can snap (part of the cheap pair did so round the lens, due to stress I assume.

Reply to
PeterC

No mention of plastic arms :-(

These offers are OK if everything is correct. I sometimes get the feeling that a big firm will make a 'mistake' the customer gets 2-for-£25 and finds out that they aren't right but doesn't no why. A big outfit probably pays peanuts to 'correct' them.

Reply to
PeterC

Got a gun at Lidl a few days ago. Tried on the 99p pair - success! Added a dash of trepidation and had a go at the 'proper' pair - it worked!

I had noticed that the slightest extra tilt degraded the image; having them level has improved things a bit.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reply to
PeterC

I get that tilt effect with mine. The sunnies must be slightly different to the normal glasses and I get a noticeable double vision effect for a minute or so when putting the sunnies on. Doesn't last long, less than a minute.

Thanks for the washup, too rare IMO.

Reply to
John Chance