bending plasterboard

I am sure I have heard that you can get plasterboard to bend round a curve by wetting the back of it. would this be correct?

I am thinking of doing it on a 9.5mm thick 1200x900 board, the curve is not too harsh.

Reply to
dave

Yes - though more on the front actually. Dampen it both sides with a cloth liberally and only bend it slowly. It will get there but don't rush. You will need lots of clamps or mini-props to hold it to the desired curve so have these ready. If you are placing it over a curved surface use lots of small dabs of adhesive plaster.

Reply to
G&M

If you dont mind it breaking. You can get PB thats designed to be bent, use that.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:33:20 GMT, "dave" strung together this:

I usually dampen the PB then lean it against a wall, it'll bend all by itself and if you're lucky you can apply with no, or very little, bending. You can lean it up dry, it'll still bend after a couple of days.

Reply to
Lurch