bending cable

OK guys how do you do it? I have the 10mm cable from supply and shower going to my switch all good so far but cramming it all into the metal box gives rise to me thinking I'm going to have these connections come loose soon as they will be under so much pressure inside So whats the form? TIA

Reply to
Vass

There is no magic solution, but a picture of the fitting with cable might help elicit advice.

Reply to
rrh

Always better to bend pvc cable in a slow curve when its warm.

Dave

Reply to
gort

Use a deep switch box. Strip back the grey outer cover so that it only

*just* comes inside the box. Have the wires just long enough to connect confortatbly to the terminals on the switch. Start to bend the wires by hand as you push the switch into the box, so that they fold up in a controlled manner into the empty spaces. Take particular care that no wires are in a position where they may be penetrated by the screws which fix the switch to the box.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Lots of hard work and swearing seems to be the norm!

also make sure you have the pvc gromets fitted to the knockouts in the box so that the sharp metal edges can not bite into the cable.

Reply to
John Rumm