Bending a cast brass statuette

I have a statuette of Buddah, cast in brass. It annoys me because the raised hand seems to be bent backwards too much. I keep thinking perhaps I could attempt to bend it forwards, but I don't want to risk breaking it. Would heating it up prior to bending be a good idea? How hot should I heat it before bending? Red hot? I don't want to risk melting it. I have a plumber's gas blow lamp that I could use for localised heating.
Thanks
Frank
Ed Blackburn wrote:

That's normal if you bend it forward you will loose some of it's power -- Steve R -- "Latest gear:- One piece one button suit extremely comfortable, perfect for Relaxation, Sports, Hiking, Swimming, a must have" OOPS sorry you have one!!!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoooooo.com (Ed Blackburn) wrote:
Hello Ed

Cast metals don't take bending too well. It'll probably snap.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
Ed Blackburn wrote:

How thick and long is the bit you want to bend (ooh-er!)? You can heat it up and bent it slightly, but the finish will probably be spoiled (unless it's just polished, in which case you can polish it up again).
________________________________________________________________ Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com