Belling Format 600 grill stopped working

Wonding if anyone might help before I call in the repair man. Using the grill on my Belling Format 600 the other day and a terrible smell ( not the food) like electrical burning. Turned the grill off, let it cool down and tried again. No response at all - all else working, lights, fan, oven etc. Just the grill not heating up. Bought a new element and fitted it today. Still nothing. As before, everything else working fine. Is there as fuse somewhere? Or any other suggestions would be gratefully received. with best wishes John

Reply to
zagrebo

Given it stopped when you switched it off, and it didn't come back on again afterwards, my money would be on the switch having burned out.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Andrew, I'll bypass the switch tomorrow and see what happens....

Reply to
zagrebo

quoted text -

I had one of these, approx 1988 model. It had one or two overheat thermostats at the side (certainly the right side) of the grill cavity. I don't think mine had "gone", but the connectors to it had overheated and failed.

It also had a nasty multi way connector behind the oven where the two halves of the split loom joined together. I spent a lot of time replacing it with a load of suitably heat rated in line fuse holders, and fuses. Unfortunately I erred on the side of caution with the fuses, and by the time i'd upped them enough for them not to blow, my wife had lost confidence in the cooker, and it had to go. If you are fortunate, you will have a later model (I beleive they went back to a one piece loom).

Reply to
zikkimalambo