Belle Mini Mix 150 Concrete Mixer Capacity (2024 Update)

Can someone tell me how much, in cubic metres a Belle Mini Mix 150 Concrete Mixer can mix in one load. The specs says the max load is 90 litres, but I would like this converted to cubic metres?

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

One Litre (a measure of volume) = ome thousand cc. or ten x ten x ten centimetres rather backwards this is aka one thousand millilitres 1,000 ml One Cubic metre = One thousand Litres = 100 cm x 100 cm x 100 cm

Do the maths ...

_OR_

in a Google search field type; '90 litres in cubic metres' and with magickery the answer appears "90 Liters = 0.09 cubic meters" ... well they are USA-ian and can't be expected to get the spelling correct :) BTW; this 'feature' works for all conversions - fortnights to microseconds, Pounds to kilogrammes; etc ... just be aware that it intuits USA measures unless told otherwise.

HTH

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

The message from "Lawrence Zarb" contains these words:

Bloody metric is like using a slide rule - just where do you put the decimal point.

1 litre is 1000ccs = 10cm*3 = 100mm*3 = 0.1m*3 = 0.001 cubic metres

ergo 90 litres is 0.09 cubic metres.

Reply to
Roger

In practical terms, it equates to a barrow full of mortar or concrete per mix.

dg

Reply to
dg

That is a site mixer.

The small ones from hire shops for occasional jobbers will tip over if you put 15 shovels of sand, 3 of cement and a bucket of water in them. Use 10 shovels max. And don't put half bricks in to clean them nor smack the bowl with anything. They are too tinny to take any but the gentlest treatment.

Once you start whacking them you will have to do so every time you use them as the smoothness of the bowl will have been lost. Just rinse them with coarse gravel and water if left to stand longer than a half hour or so. Or if you are using dry mixes, scoop them empty with a small gauge.

When they do eventually clog, dry them out, put some newspaper in them and set it alight. The heat cracks the cement and the iron will stay smooth for years.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Just imagine a box 1m on each side, full to a depth of 0.09m, or just imagine a box 100cm on each side, full to a depth of 9cm, or just imagine a box 1000mm on each side, full to a depth of 90mm, or

0.09 cubic metres.

That machine is a nice one, the electric one's a lot quieter, 90L is the maximum *mix* you can make at once.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

We get a barrow load from our belle mixers, and if you add the sand/cement/water properly and don't let it get too dry and out of balance then it will not fall.

If you ever get to a state where the drum is caked then you have not been cleaning it properly after every use. There is no need to whack the drum either

Two buckets of water and a quick scrape with the trowel is all that is required. Some of ours are over 8 years old with regular use and still nice and clean inside.

dg

Reply to
dg

That may well be true, but the Minimix 150 will mix a barrowload without tipping over. I have one and can verify that. What's more, it's

*very* stable and I doubt you could make it tip over at all, no matter how overloaded it was.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Mixer can mix in one load. The specs says the max load is 90 litres, but I would like this converted to cubic metres?

The maximum mixing load for Belle Mini 150 is 90 litres.

1 cubic metre = 1000 litres. 1000 litres divided by 90 litres = 11 full loads per cubic metre.

However... a 90 litre mix puts a big strain on the mixer and it is likely to stretch the drive belt. This would cause the belt to slip and the drum would refuse to turn with such heavy loads.. Also, your cement will fly out and splash all over the place when filled to the max.

I stick to 50 litre loads in my October 1996 Electric Belle Mini mixer.

Reply to
Sheffielder UK

Your mixer was younger when this question was asked, than the age of this question now ...

Reply to
Andy Burns
10 x10x10=1,000 100x100x100=1,000,000

just count the 0s